"Really useful day. Training delivered in a friendly, relaxed environment and all attendees were made to feel important and valued."Nurture Practitioner
A central part of nurture group work and of training is the understanding and use of the Boxall Profile. This assessment tool grew out of the demand from nurture group staff for a more precise way of recording and monitoring their work. It is in two parts. The development profile analyses the pupil’s stage of learning, their strengths and weaknesses, so that help can be precisely focused.
The diagnostic profile analyses the barriers to learning thatare directly or indirectly the outcome of impaired learning and relationships in the child’s earliest years.
Perhaps the Profile’s most important outcome is to enhance staff’s confidence, either in a nurture group or a classroom setting, as they learn that there are tangible reasons for the child’s difficulties.
Brief overview of the course
- Rationale of the Boxall Profile with reference to neuroscience and attachment
- Completion of profile, interpretation and analysis
- Demonstration of a virtual online Boxall Profile
- Target setting linking to the Boxall Profile strands, tracking progress, monitoring and evaluation
The Boxall Profile, the Boxall Profile for Young People and the Boxall Online are invaluable assessment tools for any staff working with children from early years through to the end of secondary education. They provide a framework for systematic assessment of those who may be struggling with a range of social, emotional and behavioural issues.
Delegate resource pack will include:
- A copy of The Boxall Profile handbook or The Boxall Profile for Young People
- A copy of Beyond the Boxall Profile handbook or Beyond the Boxall Profile for Young People
- Certificate of attendance
- Six principles of nurture poster
You can find all our available courses below: