nurtureuk is delighted to present our fourth annual summer school, following on from last year’s biggest and best one yet. Returning again to the midlands, we will be hosting the conference at the 4 star Hilton Metropole Hotel in Birmingham. This year we will be giving you more networking opportunities, more immersive nurturing experiences and a lot more reflective practice. There will also be brand new more indepth, specialist workshops, as well as brand new big picture sessions and masterclasses.
- Emotion coaching
- Managing actual and potential aggression
- Nurturing play
- Outdoor environments for nurturing activities
- The Wellbeing Toolkit for teenagers
- Nurturing STEM - Hooking in the learner
- New to nurture - six principles into practice
- Evidencing your success with data
- The curriculum - it can be nurturing!
- Tomorrow's people
- Resilience: Developing self-aware, self-regulating children and young people
- Running a full-time nurture group in a therapeutic school
- Combating bullying through nurturing approaches
- Achieving the Marjorie Boxall Quality Mark award in the secondary school
- Using PACE to communicate with our young people
- Dyadic developmental practice in the nurture group
- Supporting children who have experienced sexual trauma in early childhood
- Restorative practices in action
- Supporting children and young people with eating disorders
- Supporting children and young people who witness or experience domestic violence
- Nurture in SLT - creating compelling arguments for nurture
- Creating, embedding and sustaining a nurturing school
30 July - 2 August 2018
100 £75 busaries are available. Email email@example.com to enquire.
10% discount is available for nurtureuk, PLP and VNET members.
The NEC Birmingham
Pendigo Way, Marston Green