Senior Mental Health Lead National Nurturing School Programme Bundle – 7 March 2024
Two delegates must be available to attend all training dates on behalf of their setting. One of the delegates must be a member of the Senior Leadership Team.
Module 1 – 7th March 2024 – 9am-12pm
Module 2 – 21st March 2024 – 9am – 12pm
Module 3 – 28th March 2024 – 9am – 1pm
Two Month Review – 16th May 2024 – Twilight – 4pm – 5.30pm
Webinar: Parents Families and Carers – 20th June 2024 – Twilight – 4pm – 5pm
Webinar: Enabling students voice – 15th July 2024 – Twilight – 4pm – 5pm
Four Month Review – 11th July 2024 – Twilight – 4pm – 5.30pm
Six Month Review – 19th September 2024 – Twilight – 4pm – 5.30pm
Eight Month Review – 14th November 2024 – Twilight – 4pm – 5.30pm
Twelve Month Review – Bespoke 1-1, 1 hour session arranged with the setting (March 2025)
Additional Self Service Webinars
- Briefing for The National Nurturing Schools Programme for SMHL
- The Six Principles of Nurture: A whole school approach (NPWSA)
- The Boxall Profile®: A whole school approach (BPWSA)
- Nurturing Peer Supervision
The National Nurturing Schools Programme is a whole school approach to develop and embed a nurturing culture.
It supports Quality First Teaching and Learning, promotes healthy outcomes for children and young people, focusing on emotional needs and development alongside academic learning in a whole-school environment.
Who is it for?
This programme is for schools and settings committed to develop an ethos and culture that is inclusive, supporting all stakeholders.
This programme has a menu of choices (based on points), which can be selected according to the individual needs of the school (from consultancy options, publications to training). Your trainer will explain this menu to you.
The National Nurturing Schools Programme helps SMHLs to systematically embed a culture of nurture and mental health and wellbeing support throughout the whole school. The programme is underpinned by Quality First Teaching, the Six Principles of Nurture and the Boxall Profile® (a two-year subscription to the Boxall Profile® Online is included in this bundle).
The National Nurturing Schools Programme helps SMHLs to look at a school’s ethos, its policies and procedures and its commitment to supporting pupils to achieve their best, and aids them to evaluate strengths and opportunities for improvement based on the needs of their setting.
SMHLs are supported by a team of expert consultants to enhance their school’s ethos and practices in a manageable and achievable way.
The programme uses clear standards addressing the needs and requirements of the following:
- Stakeholders: teachers, additional school staff, parents, pupils and the wider community.
- Service Delivery: provision for additional needs included SEMH, the curriculum offer, pupil’s ability to access learning, additional enrichment activities.
- Leadership and Management: the quality of leadership and management, effective communication, school policies and procedures.
SMHLs and schools who adopt the Six Principles of Nurture and use the Boxall Profile® are assessed and awarded the National Nurturing Schools Award.
- 24 month school subscription to the Boxall Profile® Online – unlimited assessment for your setting
- Access to twelve Boxall Profile® Competencies Course (e-learning)
- Beyond the Boxall Profile® Classroom Strategies publication
- Workbooks and independent tasks and activities
- For schools to gain recognition for achieving a higher level of nurturing provision, there is the opportunity to apply for The National Nurturing School Award, assessed and awarded by nurtureuk.
- School award certificate/plaque if successful
If any sessions are not attended. 1:1 catch up for establishments can be arranged with the trainer, however this time will be deduced from the total available points from your menu.
Programme duration: up to 18 months (24 month school subscription to the Boxall Profile® Online)
Format: mix of live online sessions*, self service webinars and learning platform activities
Group size: maximum of 6 schools (12 delegates)
*Please note that the live sessions will be conducted via Zoom. It is preferable for you to participate in a quiet space, one screen per delegate, where you are unlikely to be disturbed.
Depending on your workplace’s security system, you might also find it tricky to access Zoom, in which case we recommend accessing the course from home (or any alternative location).
**Please note that this course is excluded from the nurtureuk membership discount**