The International Journal of Nurture in Education (Volume 1)
Welcome to the first issue of the International Journal of Nurture in Education. The intention is that the Journal will provide the most complete and reliable source of information on developments in nurture in education through the presentation of current research. As such it will be essential reading for academics, consultants, school leaders, psychologists and special needs practitioners who wish to keep abreast of the latest developments in the field. Initially the Journal will be published annually, but the intention is to move towards more frequent editions. All contributions are subject to peer review.
Topics that are covered in this volume include:
- Hanna Bennett presents the results of the systematic review on nurture groups' effectiveness.
- Ali Pyle and Tina Rae discuss nurture groups and parent-child relationships.
- Jessamine Chiappella discusses part-time secondary school nurture groups.
- Edurne Scott Loinaz compares nurture group provision to one-to-one counselling.
- Tommy MacKay looks at the future directions for nurture in education.