IJNE Volume 2 – 2016
The International Journal of Nurture in Education (Volume 2)
It is a pleasure to welcome you to our second annual issue of the International Journal of Nurture in Education. In this second issue we are covering a range of topics that have particular implications for whole school or whole institution nurture. In addition many of them report on innovative practice. In addition the Foreword, written by one of the first nurture group practitioners Sylvia Lucas, recalls the early days of nurture groups and reminds us of the principles on which they were and are based.
Topics that are covered in this volume include:
- Sylvia Lucas recalls the early days of nurture groups in the Foreward.
- Jo Warin and Rebecca Hibbin conduct a study of nurture groups as a window into school relationships.
- Claire Balisteri discusses nurture groups and teacher-child relationships.
- Tapo Chimbganda discusses investing in student success through nurturing in universities.
- Jenny Fraser-Smith and Kirsty Henry present a systemic evaluation of a nurture group in Scotland.