"It’s not only about moving away from the idea that the Boxall is for a particular group of children, but it’s also moving away from the idea that it’s for a particular group of staff. An excellent training."Nurture Practitioner
The Boxall Profile, the Boxall Profile for Young People and the Boxall Profile Online are invaluable assessment tools to help identify and support the social emotional and mental health (SEMH) needs of children and young people.
When used across the whole school to assess all pupils, the Boxall Profile:
• provides a framework for the systematic assessment of pupils
• allows better planning and allocation of resources
• supports an evidence-based, whole-school approach that promotes positive mental health and wellbeing across the school
This 2-day course will equip delegates with practical tools and strategic approaches to put in place in their setting a universal assessment of SEMH and wellbeing needs using the Boxall Profile.
At the end of the course, delegates will be able to:
- Recognise the importance of SEMH for pupils’ wellbeing and its’ impact on learning and attainment
- Feel confident in using the Boxall Profile to assess, plan and implement SEMH support for their pupils
- Design a strategic plan for the roll-out of the universal assessments of pupils’ SEMH
Brief overview of the course
- Rationale of the Boxall Profile, with reference to neuroscience and attachment
- Completion of a Boxall Profile, including interpretation and analysis of the data
- Demonstration of a virtual online Boxall Profile
- Rationale for the universal assessment of SEMH needs using the Boxall Profile
- Target setting linking to the Boxall Profile, tracking progress, monitoring and evaluation at an individual and classroom level
- Planning for the implementation of assessments Boxall Profile in an educational setting
This course is of particular relevance to staff in education settings with a strategic responsibility for the development and management of the assessment, planning and SEMH support systems for children and young people, including SENCos, Inclusion Managers and other members of the Senior Leadership Team.
Delegate resource pack will include:
- A copy of The Boxall Profile handbook or The Boxall Profile for Young People
- A copy of Beyond the Boxall Profile handbook or Beyond the Boxall Profile for Young People
- Certificate of attendance
- Six principles of nurture poster
Please note that we offer a discounted rate of £199 + VAT for one additional delegate from the same setting. If you wish to book a second delegate, please make sure to opt for the invoice payment method. That way we will make sure to charge you the discounted rate for the second place.
ENJOY 20% OFF by booking before the 15th March!!
Please find all our upcoming courses below: