"Really useful day. Training delivered in a friendly, relaxed environment and all attendees were made to feel important and valued."Nurture Practitioner
A central part of nurture practitioners' work and of the training course is the understanding and use of the Boxall Profile. This assessment tool grew out of the demand for a more precise way of recording and monitoring pupils' needs and progress as well as the impact of practitioners' work. Perhaps the most important outcome of the assessment tool is to enhance staff’s confidence, in a classroom setting, a nurture group or even the whole school, as they learn that there are tangible reasons for the pupils’ difficulties.
Brief overview of the course
- The rationale of the assessment with reference to neuroscience and attachment
- Completion of profile, interpretation and analysis
- Boxall Profile Online demonstration
- Target setting linking to the Boxall Profile strands, tracking progress, monitoring and evaluation
The Boxall Profile is an invaluable assessment tool for any adult working with children from early years through to the end of secondary education. It provides a framework for systematic assessment of those who may be struggling with a range of social, emotional and behavioural issues.
Delegate resource pack will include:
- A copy of The Boxall Profile Handbook (Revised) or The Boxall Profile for Young People Handbook
- A copy of Beyond the Boxall Profile: Strategies and Resources (primary) or Beyond the Boxall Profile for Young People: Strategies and Resources (secondary)
- Certificate of attendance
- Six principles of nurture poster
You can find all our available courses below: