"Thank you so much. It's been a long time since I felt so engaged in the content of a course related to school/education."Nurture Practitioner
nurtureuk is pleased to offer a one year update of MAPA® from the Crisis Prevention Institute.
We will provide participants who have already attended a MAPA® course and hold a certificate within their expiry date, the opportunity to update their knowledge and skills.
Skills can fade over time with potentially serious consequences, so it is important to ensure that competency is maintained. The refresher course will recertify delegates who show knowledge and skills as outlined by BILD code of practice to ensure competency is maintained.
MAPA® refresher will:
- Teach the management and intervention techniques to cope with escalating behaviour in a professional and safe manner
- Teach non-restrictive physical skills to help avoid and protect (oneself or another) against unlawful assault and enable disengagement
- Focus on prevention and offer proven post-incident strategies to prevent future crises, deceleration and avoidance.
From the CPI website: https://www.crisisprevention.com
For your organisation, MAPA® will:
- Demonstrate compliance and commitment to BILD and CQC regulations
- Reduce risk of liability
- Offer a safe and reassuring environment for those in your care
- Provide your staff with an investment in their professional well-being.
For your staff, MAPA® will:
- Boost their confidence to defuse potentially challenging situations
- Equip them with the skills to appropriately physically intervene
- Reduce the risk of physical injury and accidents
- Strengthen the relationships between colleagues and with those in your care.
For those in your care, MAPA® will:
- Maintain their dignity at all times
- Provide a positive and respectful environment
- Guide them towards making positive behaviour choices
- Develop their coping skills for difficult situations.
Delegates will receive:
- MAPA® course refresher workbook
- Registration with the Crisis Prevention Institute
- Six principles of nurture groups poster
- nurtureuk individual membership for one year
- Certificate of Attendance