The National Nurturing Schools Programme allows staff to develop and embed a nurturing culture throughout their schools, enhancing teaching and learning, promoting healthy outcomes for children and young people, all by focusing on emotional needs and development as well as academic learning in a whole-school environment.
For schools to gain recognition for achieving a higher level of nurturing provision, there is the opportunity to apply for The National Nurturing School Award, assessed and awarded by nurtureuk.
This programme is designed for two participants per school/setting (one of them being a Senior Leadership Team member) and includes:
- Three live sessions delivered over the length of a month:
Session One covers a whole-school approach using the Nurture Principles and the Boxall Profile.
Session Two focuses upon the rationale for the programme including a consideration of attachment theory and neuroscience.
Session Three looks at the NNSP standards and areas of development.
- Three follow-up live sessions (one as a group and the other two individually) at 4, 8 and 12 months
- Three hours one-to-one consultancy support with a nurtureuk consultant to be used at any time during the programme
- School subscription to the Boxall Profile Online
- Access to the online course 'Basic Boxall Profile Online Competencies' for the two participants
- A copy of Beyond the Boxall Profile: Whole-Class Strategies per school/setting
- Workbooks and independent tasks and activites
- Award assessment day and report, and certificate/plaque if successful
Who is it for?
This programme is for schools and settings committed to develop an ethos and culture that is inclusive, supporting everyone in (and associated with) their establishment.
Programme duration: up to 18 months
Live sessions duration: 3 consecutive hours
Fee: £3,000 excl. VAT* for two participants, including a SLT member
Format: mix of live online sessions** and learning platform activities
Group size: maximum of 6 schools (12 delegates)
*Please note that the fee will be divided into two payments. We will charge £1,800 +VAT for the first part of the programme (up to 12 months) then £1,200 + VAT for the second part (from 12 to 18 months).
**Please note that the live sessions will be conducted via Zoom. It is preferable for you to participate in a quiet space, where you are unlikely to be disturbed. Depending on your workplace’s security system, you might also find it tricky to access Zoom, in which case we recommend accessing the course from home (or any alternative location).
If none of the below dates suit you, please let us know you are interested in this programme by completing this registration of interest form.