The National Nurturing Schools Programme is a whole school approach to develop and embed a nurturing culture.
It supports Quality First Teaching and Learning, promotes healthy outcomes for children and young people, focusing on emotional needs and development alongside academic learning in a whole-school environment.
Who is it for?
This programme is for schools and settings committed to develop an ethos and culture that is inclusive, supporting all stakeholders.
The first 4 sessions are generic but from 8 months onwards the sessions are 1:1 and tailored to the individual needs of the school.
This programme is not a set format for schools, as we work with schools from the 4 month point to support their individual development and look to work in conjunction with their improvement plans as part of this process. e.g. mental health initiatives/other programmes already taking place can be used as evidence.
This programme is designed for two participants per school/setting (one of them being a Senior Leadership Team member). The maximum number of schools is set at six, to ensure good levels of participation and support.
The course is structured as follows:
- The first three group live sessions are delivered over the length of a month:
Session One* covers a whole-school approach using the Nurture Principles and the Boxall Profile.
Session Two* focuses upon the rationale for the programme including a consideration of attachment theory and neuroscience.
Session Three* looks at the NNSP standards and areas of development.
- The final group session takes place after 4 months* and supports progress of the schools e.g. NNSP audit and areas for development.
- The remaining sessions at 8 and 12 months are 1:1 and tailored to the needs of the school.
- Three hours of credit - this could be in the form of:
- 1:1 consultancy support e.g. 1 block of 3 hours or 2 x 1.5hr sessions with a nurtureuk consultant to be used at any time during the programme (we usually recommend after the 4 month period).
- Publication purchases
- Live webinars attendance
- Platform based webinars access
* If sessions are not attended. 1:1 catch up for establishments can be arranged with the trainer, however this time will be deduced from the total available consultancy hours.
- School subscription for two years to the Boxall Profile Online RRP per year from £325 - £900 + VAT, depending on school size. Subscription will be activated at the first NNSP session and will be valid for 2 years from this date.
- Access to the online course 'Basic Boxall Profile Online Competencies' for the two participants RRP £60+ VAT
- A copy of Beyond the Boxall Profile: Whole-Class Strategies per school/setting RRP £25 + VAT
- Workbooks and independent tasks and activities
- For schools to gain recognition for achieving a higher level of nurturing provision, there is the opportunity to apply for The National Nurturing School Award, assessed and awarded by nurtureuk.
- School award certificate/plaque if successful
Programme duration: up to 18 months
Live sessions duration: 3 consecutive hours
Fee: £3,000 excl. VAT* for two participants, including a SLT member
Format: mix of live online sessions** and learning platform activities
Group size: maximum of 6 schools (12 delegates)
*Please note that the fee will be divided into two payments. We will charge £1,800 +VAT for the first part of the programme (up to 12 months) then £1,200 + VAT for the second part (from 12 to 18 months).
**Please note that the live sessions will be conducted via Zoom. It is preferable for you to participate in a quiet space, where you are unlikely to be disturbed. Depending on your workplace’s security system, you might also find it tricky to access Zoom, in which case we recommend accessing the course from home (or any alternative location).
If none of the below dates suit you, please let us know you are interested in this programme by completing this registration of interest form.