"It was a good balance of theory, personal experience and practical implementation. Angi was easy to approach and keen to offer advice and support."Nurture Practitioner
A one-day course provided by a senior CPI instructor and nurtureuk training officer.
Pivotal MAPA® is CPD and BILD certified and addresses today's classroom realities, giving staff the confidence to respond safely to a range of behavioural situations.
Brief overview of the course
The course provides skills and strategies to address everything from low-level disruption affecting learning and classroom discipline to more serious or challenging behaviours that place pupils and staff at greater risk of harm.
• Elevate standards of behaviour
Training is evidence-informed and accredited establishing a common and consistent approach.
• Improve staff confidence
Uncertainty associated with crises is minimised and the risk of physical incidents decreased.
• Positive role-models
Develop a staff team that can manage difficult situations and provide guidance about making positive behaviour choices.
Pivotal MAPA® builds skills in prevention and de-escalation strategies, including Pivotal Scripted Interventions, managing behavioural risk using MAPA® disengagements and holding skills, and important Restorative Approaches which support a positive school culture. Pivotal MAPA® helps schools address the national Use of Force Guidance through a unique risk assessment model that strengthens professional decision making.
Pivotal MAPA® training:
• Is BILD and CPD accredited that prioritises Care, Welfare, Safety, and SecuritySM as underpinning values.
• Improves staff confidence, knowledge, morale and skills in the classroom and throughout the school when faced with a range of behavioural situations.
• Enhances the calm, consistent behaviour of adults working in schools.
• Includes a range of flexible and versatile approaches for children of all ages in all settings.
• Promotes a consistent approach and language across the school, building a positive culture around pupil behaviour.
• Decreases risks during behavioural incidents through practice of verbal scripts to prevent escalation, as well as safe handling responses for incidents involving physical aggression, including fights.
• Helps schools consider the national Use of Force Guidance and respond to risk behaviour through a unique decision-making model.
This course is of particular relevance to staff who work with children and young people with social, emotional and behavioural needs, and who wish to improve their practice within the nurture group and classroom. Staff gain the essential knowledge, skills and confidence to prevent, decelerate and deescalate crisis situations.
You can find all our available courses below: