- Managing Challenging Behaviour
This course is delivered in partnership with the Caspari Foundation.
Brief overview of the course
This new one-day course explores how to manage challenging behaviour and group dynamics in a therapeutic way, during the course you will learn how to:
- Develop the process of consideration and sharpen perceptions of young people whose behaviour is challenging
- Learn to use therapeutic language to connect with young people
- Explore the use of metaphor and how story-making can help young people become more reflective and confident
- Think about how the unconscious and the past can motivate behaviour
- Look in more detail at the ways young people form relationships with us and how such understanding can inform our work with them
- Introduce the concept of Containment
Who should attend?
This training is suitable for anyone working with children and young people.
The trainer will be Luke Palmer. An accredited educational psychotherapist with extensive experience of working with vulnerable children and young people in both mainstream and alternative provision settings, Luke has delivered training to a variety of professionals including trainee therapists and school staff. He specialises in story-making in therapeutic environments.
For more information, please call 020 3475 8980.