Contribute to the 5th volume of IJNE
29 June 2018
We are now looking for contributions for the 5th volume of the International Journal of Nurture in Education.
The intention of the journal is to present the most up-to-date research of how nurture principles and practice improve the socio-emotional functioning and academic achievements of children and young people. The committee welcomes papers exploring themes related to nurture in education, the effectiveness of nurture groups, whole-school approaches to nurture and related subjects.
Topics of particular interest include (but are not limited to):
- Longitudinal studies investigating changes in social emotional behavioural difficulties following nurture provision
- Views of nurture children and/or parents
- Application of nurture in secondary schools
- Whole school nurturing approaches
- Role of the senior leadership to promote and support nurture in school
- Quantitative data collected using Boxall Profile and other tools measuring social emotional behavioural difficulties (eg. SDQ, BIOS)
Manuscripts should be in the form of either:
- A research paper, where an empirical study has been designed and data collected to answer a specific research question. This type of manuscript should include the following sections: introduction, methods, results, discussion, recommendations (if appropriate) and conclusion. Please note that all authors working with research participants should follow the BERA code of ethics (please see here for more information).
- A literature review, describing the literature on nurture and related topics with the aim to assess the studies available and summarise the current state of research.
- A theoretical perspective, highlighting how a new theoretical approach or model could advance nurture practice or nurture research.
Manuscripts should be no longer than 6,000 words (including an abstract of less than 200 words and excluding references) and authors should follow the writing guidelines outlined here.
Authors should submit their manuscripts for peer review before midday 30 September 2018.
For any queries or to submit your manuscript, please contact Dr Florence Ruby via email at email@example.com.