The International Journal of Nurture in Education (Volume 8)
We are delighted to present the eighth volume of the International Journal of Nurture in Education - the only journal solely dedicated to research on the nurturing approach. We are proud of the contributions made by our authors who provide an in-depth examination of different themes dear to nurture practitioners. All contributions are subject to peer review.
Topics that are covered in this volume include:
- Patty Cloran, Mélina Rivard and Andrew Bennett discuss a key nurture principle (Classroom being a secure base and safe haven) and the implementation of nurture groups in two schools in Montreal.
- Patty Cloran, Mélina Rivard and Andrew Bennett look at how nurture groups can improve school functioning among Montreal children with developmental trauma.
- Dr Maria Pace explores the characteristics and experiences of Nurture Group and Learning Support Zone educators in Malta.
- Karen O’Farrell, Larissa Cunningham, Brettany Hartwell and Jana Kreppner provide a case study of how the implementation of a secondary school nurture group relates to whole-school approaches and ethos.
- Andrea Middleton focuses on the nurtureuk Violence Reduction Unit Programme and how it can help to reduce school exclusions and instances of youth violence through nurture practice.
- A book review from Tristan Middleton, on ‘Supporting Adolescents & Teenagers with Stress & Anxiety: A practical guide’ by authors Tina Rae, Jody Walshe and Jo Wood.