We have included a selection of website links below to other relevant organisations that may be useful to you.
BACP is the professional association for members of the counselling professions in the UK.
An independent charity that exists to help children and young people overcome emotional, social and behavioural difficulties.
The website for the Social and Emotional Behavioural Difficulties Association.
A UK charity committed to improving the emotional wellbeing and mental health of children and young people.
The Children and Young People's Mental Health Coalition brings together leading charities to campaign jointly on the mental health and wellbeing of children and young people.
The National Children's Bureau brings people and organisations together to drive change in society and deliver a better childhood across the UK.
Research and Learning
Many of you are passionate practitioners, always curious to expand your knowledge base. Below we have summarised a few websites and newsletters that could help you grow your understanding of the theory behind the nurture approach, and keep up-to-date with new research and tools that come out every day!
- SEND Gateway is a platform regrouping lots of resources, events and organisations focusing on special education needs.
- SEN keeps you updated about the special education needs through articles, resources and a magazine.
- Young Minds offers lots of resources and tools to support the mental health of young people, but also of staff and parents.
- Anna Freud National Centre for Children and Families has a wide range of resources and videos to support teachers with the mental health of their pupils. Their newsletter can be accessed here.
- MindEd provides different resources for families, teachers and researchers to help them get insight into mental health.
- The NSPCC has an incredible library online providing child protection resources across a variety of topics. Their newsletters give you the chance to receive weekly updates about new resources and research.
- Action for Happiness is there to help you become a happier person and make the world around you a happier place! Lots of resources and topics to choose from to suit your needs.
- Center on the Developing Child provides lots of accessible reports about a variety of topics related to child development, including impact of stress on the brain, resilience, executive skills, etc. They have a mailing list here.
- Encyclopedia of Early Childhood Development focuses on child development from conception to age 5. Their newsletter is accessible here.
- Child Trends gives you updates about new research related to child and adolescent development and keeps a database of evaluations conducted on interventions.
Education & Teaching:
- TES keeps you updated with news about the education sector
- Twinkl gives you loads of learning materials adapted to different year group and pupil needs.
- Pupil Inclusion Network Scotland provides loads of information related to a variety of education themes. Their monthly newsletter can be accessed here.
- The PSHE Association has lots of resources to help teachers incorporate emotional health and wellbeing into their lessons.
Psychology & Neuroscience:
- The Psychologist World makes resources about psychology topics accessible to a non-academic audience. Learn more about memory, behaviour, emotion, and many more on this website.
- Simply Psychology reviews different theories and psychologists that you might come across during your studies.
- Serious Science regularly publishes new videos based on interviews from eminent scientists in the field of psychology and neuroscience.
- Neuroscience News gives more advanced daily updates about new research that has just been published around the world. You can sign up to their newsletter on their main page.
- Neuro-hits or Neuro-myths? Check the scientific basis for the most common ideas related to neuroscience eg. Are people really more left or right brain thinkers? Are learning styles really a thing? Great list to update our beliefs!
- The Child Outcomes Research Consortium provides support with measuring impact and outcomes following interventions. They have a free membership from where you can receive a monthly newsletter.
- The Association for Child and Adolescent Mental Health publishes academic journals focusing on child and adolescent psychology, psychiatry and mental health services.