We put the safety and welfare of children and young people at the heart of everything we do.
It is both the focus of our work and our key, guiding principle.
We believe that everyone – including those who are at risk – has an equal right to be protected, and to be treated with dignity and respect.
We are committed to ensuring that everything we do promotes the safety and wellbeing of children, young people and adults at risk, and we require everyone working with us and on our behalf to share this commitment.
Our Safeguarding Children, Young People and Adults Policy sets out how we will work safely, meet our legal responsibilities, and put government safeguarding guidance into practice. The policy explains that we:
- Have senior managers and trustees who are committed to safeguarding
- Are clear about people’s responsibilities and accountability
- Have a culture of listening to children, young people and adults at risk
- Undertake safer recruitment practices for all staff, contractors and volunteers working with children & young people
- Have procedures for safeguarding children and young people and adults at risk
- Have procedures for dealing with allegations against, and concerns about any staff
- Make sure staff, contractors and volunteers, have mandatory induction and further safeguarding training, supervision, reviews and support
- Have appropriate agreements about working with other organisations and agencies
To view our safeguarding policy, or for more information on how we put safeguarding at the centre of our work, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.