The National Nurturing Schools Programme – 29 January 2024, 5 February 2024, 26 February 2024, 3 June 2024, 30 September 2024 (Tower Hamlets)
Module 1 – 29 January 2024 – 9am – 12pm
Module 2 – 5 February 2024 – 9am – 12pm
Module 3 – 26 February 2024 – 9am – 1pm
4m Catch up – 3 June 2024 – 9am – 12pm
8m Catch up – 30 September 2024 – 9am – 12pm
Further 1 hour catch up sessions are to be held and scheduled at the 12 month stage on a 1-1 basis with each school. Times to be agreed to suit.
*Please note module 3 is a four hour session*
***Two delegates from each school are required to attend all six dates***
The National Nurturing Schools Programme is a whole school approach to develop and embed a nurturing culture.
It supports Quality First Teaching and Learning, promotes healthy outcomes for children and young people, focusing on emotional needs and development alongside academic learning in a whole-school environment.
Who is it for?
This programme is for schools and settings committed to develop an ethos and culture that is inclusive, supporting all stakeholders.
The first 5 sessions are generic and the final session is a tailored 1:1 session for the school.
This programme has a menu of choices (based on points), which can be selected according to the individual needs of the school (from consultancy options, publications to training). Your trainer will explain this menu to you.
This programme is designed for two participants per school/setting (one of them being a Senior Leadership Team member). The maximum number of schools is set at six, to ensure good levels of participation and support.
The course is structured as follows:
- The first three are live group sessions which are delivered over the length of a month
- Module One* covers a whole-school approach using the Nurture Principles and the Boxall Profile®
- Module Two* focuses upon the rationale for the programme including a consideration of attachment theory and neuroscience
- Module Three* looks at the NNSP standards and areas of development
- Session 4 (at 4 months) and Session 5 (at 8 months) are group sessions and support the progress of the schools e.g. NNSP audit and areas for development
- Session 6 is at 12 months and is a 1 hour 1:1 session tailored to the needs of the school
- You will have access to a menu of additional options of up to 400 points per school
* If any sessions are not attended. 1:1 catch up for establishments can be arranged with the trainer, however this time will be deducted from the total available points from your menu.
- School subscription for two years to the Boxall Profile® Online. Subscription will be activated after the first NNSP session and will be valid for 2 years
- Access to the online learning platform for NNSP course material including ‘Basic Boxall® Profile Online Competencies’ for the two participants
- Access to the online learning platform ‘Basic Boxall Profile® Online Competencies’ for ten additional participants, key users in the setting
- A copy of Beyond the Boxall Profile: Whole-Class Strategies per school
- Workbooks and independent tasks and activities
- For schools to gain recognition for achieving a higher level of nurturing provision, there is the opportunity to apply for The National Nurturing School Award, assessed and awarded by nurtureuk.
- School award certificate/plaque if successful
Programme duration: up to 18 months
Live sessions duration: 3 consecutive hours – except M3 which is four consecutive hours
**MUST** include a member of the Senior Leadership Team
Format: mix of live online sessions** and learning platform activities
Group size: maximum of 6 schools (12 delegates)
**Please note that the live sessions will be conducted via Zoom. It is preferable for you to participate in a quiet space, one screen per delegate, where you are unlikely to be disturbed.
Depending on your workplace’s security system, you might also find it tricky to access Zoom, in which case we recommend accessing the course from home (or any alternative location).